Berlin, with a population of 3.47 million is not just Germany’s political center, but also one of the most dynamic economic regions in Europe. Berlin is a major city famous for its leadership roles in science, music, and museums, and one of the top tourist destinations in the whole of Europe. The city is well known for its modern landmarks like the gold-colored, swoop roofed Berliner Philharmonie, built in 1963.
Top 5 Tourist attractions in the city of Berlin.
1. The Brandenburg Gate. This sandstone monument is 26 meters tall, standing in the Mitte district’s Pariser Platz, a block away from the Reichstag building.
2. The rebuilt Reichstag. This building is a block away from the Brandenburg Gate. It served as home to the German Empire’s Imperial Diet until it burned in 1933. It was reconstructed and eventually became the home of the German Parliament in 1999.
3. Museum Island. Also known as Spree Island, Museum Island is a UNESCO world heritage site that contains some of Berlin’s oldest and most important Museums.
4. The Berlin Wall Memorial and Check-point Charlie. The Berlin wall came into being in 1961 when East Germany sealed off that part of the city to prevent citizens from fleeing to West Germany.
5. Charlorttenburg Palace and Park. This Prussian estate is the oldest and largest in Berlin. It was for a very long time the primary residence of German royalty.
Top 5 Restaurants in Berlin.
2. Ristorante A Mano
3. Club-Restaurant Das Team ‘’Die Eselin Von A’’
4. Restaurant Langosch